Manchester City Closing In On £35m Mario Balotelli Deal

by Punter's Hero on July 20, 2010

in Football, Latest News

Manchester City are set to break the bank yet again by signing Italian Under-21 striker Mario Balotelli. Italian newspaper report the deal is done although there is a little negotiating to be done in regards to the player’s wages.

Mairo Raiola, Balotelli’s agent is said to be asking for £4m a year and said: ‘It’s not just City who are after Balotelli – there are other clubs including Manchester United and Chelsea.’

It is common knowledge that Inter’s president Massimo Moratti has stated  that he is looking for a ‘decent price’ on Balotelli and wants £40m. Reports though suggest Inter has agreed City’s £35m bid.

Balotelli future at Inter was perhaps sealed last season when he tossed his shirt on the ground during the Champion League semi-final against Barca. Since then fans have turned on the young Italian star who is renowned to have a fiery temper.


Offer valid as of date published. T&Cs apply.

Previous post:

Next post: